Monday, May 11, 2009

Dinner for Twelve: )

I like cooking for a crowd. I daily cook for ten and often havee a few of the men who work for Richard to dinner too. Tonight I'm making a triple batch of Black Bean Chili Spaghetti. So so much better than boring spaghetti---in my opinion. It's still very easy though!!
Black Bean Chili Spaghetti
1 lb ground beef or venison or turkey
1 can black beans drained
2 cans diced tomatoes/or fresh depending on the season
1 small onion diced
1 bell pepper chopped
clove garlic pressed
1 TBSP chili powder
pinch cayenne(optional of course)isn't everything?
cilantro
sour cream

Brown and drain meat. Saute veggies with meat adding. Add garlic and seasoning. Add tomatoes and beans and simmer for awhile. I'm putting  in the crokpot on low til dinner. Serve over whole wheat spagheti noodles. Top with fresh cilantro from your herb garden and with sour cream.

By the way, here is my herb garden this year. Thought I'd spruce up my porch with this cool outdoor coffee table from my awesome brother-in-law, Dennis, and some terra cotta pots and 
plants.





2 comments:

Grace at Home said...

Oh that's so neat, Donna! Why haven't I seen it? I love having an herb garden! Your recipe sounds delicious except for the meat. ;) Thank you so much for lunch yesterday. That was so thoughtful and fun. Please tell Richard thank you for the flowers, too. Y'all are the BEST! I need to learn from you how to be 'sweet' as Richard talked about yesterday. :(

asnipofgoodness said...

Kartwright told me all about that piece when he saw it in your garage! He thought it would make a terrific coffee table! We saw similar pieces on the pottery barn catalogue cover a few weeks ago- not as cool as yours though! Love it sooooo much! That recipe sounds yummy too!