Friday, May 1, 2009

Slices of Life

Just started reading this book Slices of Life  about the life and  work of bible translators Ed and Aretta Loving outloud to the children today. I've been looking at it for weeks and wanting to find time for reading aloud but have not been able to carve out the time to snuggle down on the couch and indulge. If I had to pick my all time favorite single activity(other than alone time with R), it would be reading aloud stories to my children that touch their hearts. I love to glance up and see them all--even my older children- staring off into space engrossed  in the tale. I am known, however, to not be able to finish a sentence sometimes because of my own tears. I read, stop, try to compose myself,squeak a line out while trying to hold back tears. They stare at me somewhat amused but ready to hear the best part. I begin again, voice quivers again and then I announce that I'm  ridiculous, someone offers to take over reading, I hand the book over and this child (it never fails and it tricks me everytime) reads about two lines and then breaks into fake blubbering tears!!!! Everyone breaks into laughter! It was Kimmi today. I was having a hard time getting thru a story of how Arettta, pregnant with baby #1, needed protein and was craving eggs and God continually provided for her dietary needs in amazing ways!!! Great story of trusting God and seeing Him provide. So so so glad to be done with editing BJU dvds now and forever!! Yesterday was my last day and I feel like a free woman with plenty of time for couch snuggling and reading to my extremely funny children!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love this.Love the word picture you painted of your precious family reading a great book about God and laughing and crying through it. You do have a hilarious family!!You guys are great!You are a precious mama!