Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am not crafty. I have an aversion to crafts. I actually hate doing crafts. I decided one year that I would conquer my little issue by purchasing a kit(from a children's company) to make beaded ornanments. We made them but it was not fun, enjoyable, or the sweet memory making activity for which I had hoped. We still have them and they are very pretty and they do bring back memories but those memories still make a couple of my children curl up in the fetal position and cry.(heeehee) Actualy, it wasn't that bad...we just laugh about it now. Anyhow, when Christmas season approaches I always want to do some sort of craft with my peeps and this year, only 2 days after Thanksgiving, I can go ahead and check that little chore off my list. It was so simple and really alot of fun and no one cried. I'm at my mommy's house now and maybe that's another reason I enjoyed it. There are no major chores hanging over my head here and I had my sweet mommy right beside me as back up when I sewed a ribbon on backwards. She talked me thru it and helped the children too.(heehee-again-but I'm serious.

They are not fancy. Just some straight lines and simple hand stitching and even Nona Klare caught on to it. It was fun doing it with Nana and we even were able to bless her with six new ornaments for her tree that we helped put up. Who in the world would be so thrilled to "beautify" their tree with these except for a doting grandmother???


Now that we know we like to hand stitch maybe we'll add in some embroidering and other simple projects since we won't be watching TV anymore...since we cleaned our house out of those evil boxes. It's been about a week and no one misses it. I'm so glad they are gone. We've been TV-less a couple of times before in our lives and we're always the happiest, growing closer to the Lord, most productive that way. I could talk about that for quite awhile so I'll save it for another post: )

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I have a thing for not doing crafts too. They're fun for the first minute or so, then I lose interest and walk away. :P I should try and finish them though. And good for y'all; getting rid of TV's. :)

AO

asnipofgoodness said...

They are sooooo cute Donna...I didn't know you hated doing crafts, and I made you help me learn jewelry making right in your dinning room?!!!?? Is that why you backed out of the cake decorating class??? so sorry:( Those ornaments are really cute though!
Welcome to the no TV club, I love being a member! It is very exclusive though you know! Love you, have a great Sunday!