Monday, September 28, 2015

Green Smoothies and a totally fattening dinner


So, for dinner, I made this amazing adaptation of a chicken spinach Alfredo roll up dish. I adapted because I had spaghetti noodles, and lots of them,
 and everything else needed except for lasagna noodles. 

This is the uncooked pan of the deliciousness that I texted to my college kids just to make them hungry around lunch time. It was really mean, I know. 

Also, here is the green smoothie I consumed
Twice
Today, but I'm doing it totally different now than in the past. Up until today, I've been using an expensive protein powder to add to my awesome smoothies. It just occurred to me that if I added a little more protein and some dates, I'd have a better and less expensive smoothie. 


Here's my recipe:
1/2 Cup Greek yogurt (unflavored)
1/2 Cup Spinach
1 of either a banana or apple
3 dates
1 TBS chia seeds
Ice and about a half cup of water. 

I just blend it in the bullet and Voila!!
The dates make it sweet and delicious....

I like this post because it seems Jekyll and Hyde like.

Extremly healthy eating until dinner, and then I work on improving my mental health with some comfort!!

It makes the family happy too.

Bon Appetit friends!!



No comments: