Thursday, February 18, 2010


Cason and Richard had a good time together at his state meet this past weekend. He is the youngest in his age group now, but still did really well in his best events. He took a 6th and a 9th. We were somewhat surprised but he was not. Here is one picture Richard sent me from his iphone. That's Cason in the sea of Valentine balloons and girls: ) Just minding his own business: ) I really love that boy. It is more of a blessing than I ever would have imagined to watch your son grow in the Lord and into a man. He is such a blessing in our family. I'm very proud of his swimming and athletic finesse, but it so extremely pales in comparison to how proud I am of seeing him carry his baby sister around or reading Nona a story or just generally helping me and Richard in so many ways. He is so strong but has a gentle heart. He can take some ribbing too. Cason is known as the one in the family who does things the right way, and he has expectations that others should as well: )
Richard sometimes call him 'the Sheriff". If we're in the van and Cason is correcting someone's attitude or behaviour, Richard will chime in in his country/western voice and remind all the little "outlaws" they better listen to Cason "cause he's the Sheriff of Econoline-county". It's kind of picking on Cason, but he doesn't really care. He just smiles and agrees and keeps on doing what he's gotta do to keep things running smoothly around here(heehee) I love that sweet boy!

2 comments:

•Karis Brown• said...

Yeah, mom, well, you're going to be sorry when DSS takes away the kids because your "sweet boy" is beating us all up!

I'm juuuust teasing! A Sheriffs gotta do what a sheriff gotta do!

I love him too! So much! He's a best friend build into my family! Love how God does that!

Karis

♥ Kimmi's Korner ♥ said...

I love him to mom! He is such a good brother! I'm glad he did so well!

~Kimmi